cookieOptions = {...};

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 4: My Dream Job | DailyAugust

Hey guys, welcome to Day 4 of DailyAugust! Today I'm going to talk about my dream job. I left my chromebook at school so I am writing this on my Mum's computer, I'm not really used to it so if you notice any mistakes, could you please tell m in the comments as I will have my chromebook back tomorrow to fix them. In the future I would obviously love to continue this blog for a living but I'm going to post about what I would like to do if I can't do that, so enjoy!

I would really love to be a psychologist, this started with my Mum's workmate Lynsey (who also happens to be my favourite adult apart from family) told me all about her online university study for psychology. Even though there is 25 years between us (WOW, I just realized that!), it really doesn't matter and we are close friends, she tells me all about what she is doing at school and listening to all the cool stuff she does has inspired me to be a psychologist. I have since figured out more about mental illnesses. A doctor would never turn a cancer patient away so that they died but this is what is happening to anorexic patients! And it has taken the anorexic person a lot to realize that they have a problem and then find the courage to tell someone who can help about it, after all that, they are turned away! And so many qualified people have never taken the time to find out about OCD, instead they just believe assumptions made by most of the world! I hope that now you can see why I want to be a psychologist, the more I found out, the more my passion for psychology grew. I want you to take the time to find out a few mental illnesses and educate other people with what you found out, I'm not asking you to become a psychologist, I just want you to find out about one mental illness.

That was fun to write! I really want to be a psychologist and when I am I will do my best to keep this blog alive. While we are one the subject of careers, if my job was to blog, I would produce at least one post a day, I would have ALL day to write and edit the post! I hope that you enjoy reading the #YOLO post this morning! I said in the post that the next episode will come out on the first of September, I'm looking forward to Series 2!!! I hope you enjoyed that post and I'll see you tomorrow! Byeeeeeee!

xxx

Catherine

3 comments:

  1. Wow, i didn't know you wanted to be a psychologist. That is so cool how you want to help those people who are turned away, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i didn't know you wanted to be a psychologist. That is so cool how you want to help those people who are turned away, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now you know! I started finding out more about psychology this year so not everyone knows yet. I don't think that it's fair that a patient with maybe, anorexia, should be treated any different to someone with say, cancer, both illnesses can be terminal! Thank you so much Lexie, your comments are honestly really valuable to me and they show that someone is benefitting from this blog.

      Thanks :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine