cookieOptions = {...};

Thursday 16 July 2015

I Need Glasses


Hey guys, yesterday I went to the optometrist because I failed a screening test at school. I was told that I need glasses and I'm actually excited!

First you go into a little room and people blind you with the flash if the camera, taking a picture of your EYEBALL.

Then you go into the room with the giant machinery (that I sadly didn't get to use) and a big comfy chair. You sit in the chair and across the room there is a screen, on the screen there are letters and numbers and they try different lenses on you to see which works for you. You also read and look at things close up.
Image result for optometrist room

The optometrist told me that I have a common eye problem called astigmatism, it means that I see everything blurry because my eye is slightly lemon-shaped. My Mum and my Mum's Dad have the same problem.

Then I had to chose my two frames. This took just under an hour. The first pair are dark purple with a peachy-pink colour underneath and the second pair looks like this:
These are the exact ones.

I think that I will wear the ones above more than the purple one because they are a bit more neutral and the shape suits my face more. I couldn't get a picture of the purple one but they are a slightly more rectangular.

Now I have to wait thirteen days (yes, I'm counting) for them to be made so that I can go and pick them up!

I always thought that everybody saw the world like me and now that I have tried the lenses of my new glasses, everything seems blurry!

Having astigmatism often mean that you squint in order to do a certain activity which can cause, tired, sore eyes, headaches and fatigue which is why it is important to correct the problem with glasses, contacts or surgery (I'm good with the first two options ;D).

In the first few days of having the glasses I will most likely see round objects oval and flat things bowed but that should wear off.

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you learned something from this post! If you think that you might have an eye problem then you should get it checked out. Okay, byeeeeeeeeeee!

xxx

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait another 11 days! I just realized that those glasses aren't the exact same! They are very similar but the top is more winged, haha :D.

    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine