cookieOptions = {...};

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Christmas In New Zealand Wonderland

Hey guys, I'm really sorry that yesterday's post went up today, I pressed publish, or at least thought I did. Anyway, the post didn't end up being published yesterday but I realized this morning and it did come out today. Okay, time for the new tradition - today's advent calendar chocolate...
A Candy Cane!


Christmas in New Zealand is different from the typical English or American Christmas. In New Zealand, the weather is usually sunny and bright. We have barbecues and the kids play together in a pool. As you may know by now, our Christmas isn't snowy like most Christmas cards and snow globes suggest. New Zealanders really like to point out that it's sunny here. We have pictures of Santa Claus in jandals (flip flops or thongs), a singlet and shorts drinking beer on a sunny day. Sometimes we even go as far to picture him at the beach! I really love New Zealand and I could imagine Christmas without the sun.

Thank you for reading, beautiful people, I am getting excited for Christmas and rubbing tinsel on my face (don't question it). Come back tomorrow for a festive, happy post. Byeeeeeeeeeeee!

xxx

Catherine
Displaying photo.JPG

4 comments:

  1. I've always wondered what Christmas would be like in New Zealand but it sounds really cool. Haha it must be awesome to have barbecues at Christmas, thanks for sharing this post xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went to England just after Christmas to visit my Dad's side of my family but we didn't get much snow. I know that a lot of people don't like snow but in the middle of the North Island of New Zealand, we get very light snow about once every five years so it's exciting to us. It's fun being able to be outdoors on Christmas day. Thanks for you comment!
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know you lived in New Zealand! That is so cool, I hope to visit there some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really awesome here, I look forward to seeing you here!
      <3 Catherine

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine