cookieOptions = {...};

Thursday 7 April 2016

Q&A with Accidentally Jade | Q&A Week

Hey guys! Today is the last day of Q&A Week and I am interviewing Jade from the amazing blog Accidentally Jade, she is an amazing person and that really shines through her posts which is so important. I had so much fun working with Jade, here is the collab!

1. Why do you blog?
I like blogging because it brings me an inexplicable happiness and release. It is really hard to explain but writing about something that I care about, regardless of the feedback I receive from the public, is something that makes me feel proud afterwards.

I also like to blog because ever since I was little I have been someone who loves to be the center of attention. I know it sounds slightly bad and conceited but I will admit it wholeheartedly. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing and I usually do it without even thinking about it by always asking probing questions in conversations, trying to relate to anyone I talk to and cracking jokes. Due to this I hate the feeling that I am not making my mark on the world. Blogging allows me to feel like I can state my opinion, talk about what I care about and make connections to anyone who will listen. 

2. Is there anything you would change about your blogging experience? What would it be?
There really isn’t too much, for the most part I am very happy with my blogging experience. The online community has proven to be very friendly and supportive and I am SO grateful to be apart of it.

I do wish I could expand the amount of blogs I read and connect with. So far I have done so by joining Beau Bloggers -- an online community of bloggers who share their newest posts. There is an endless amount of interesting blog posts and bloggers in this group, and the support has been truly astounding. 

3. What is something about blogging that you struggle with?
I wish I had more creative ideas and time that would allow me to write more. I want to feel that fulfillment I get from blogging more often however sometimes when I feel I have nothing exciting to write about I lose motivation to write.

With that comes issues with confidence which I know everyone likely struggles with to some degree. Since I did share my blog publicly on my social media however it does not impact my confidence at all which I am quite proud of, if anything it allows me to take pride in my writing more and strive to make better posts.

4. What do you think is the best thing about blogging?
The community. It overjoys me to see groups of people coming together over an activity they find pride and happiness in. I also love the diversity of bloggers- people from all walks of life, ages, countries, and mindsets sharing what they believe and offering different perspectives. It provides me with a more worldly view that allows me to continuously learn and grow.

5. Do you have any advice for new bloggers?

If you are new to blogging my biggest advice to you is to be yourself. I will be the first to admit in the beginning I was not and it is completely natural to struggle to open up and be truly you. Do not try to mimic someone else’s style of writing, posts or personality. Sure it is okay to experiment blogging styles and posts until you find your flow, which is easier said than done. Sometimes I feel like I still haven’t found mine, but I am getting there :). It is so much more satisfying when you create a great post that is purely and completely you. And why would anyone want to read a knock off version of someone else when they can have a brand name shiny and new version of themselves? So don’t waste your time striving to match up with someone else’s flow, go on that journey yourself, there is so much to learn along the way. 

6. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Lately I have been really into posting about the recipes I am trying but I also really posts where I review various items I own. I have this knack for I guess, describing things that I am really proud of. I also tend to get really good feedback on those posts. I think this is because the consumer lifestyle is DEFINITELY for me (in other words I really LOVE to shop), or maybe because those are just my favourite posts to read. Probably a bit of both :)

7. What are your hopes for your blog in five years time?
I don’t want to expect too much. By then I hope I will have a constant posting schedule and I hope to be making much higher quality posts. Being in university I am constantly learning how to refine my writing and how to best represent the subject at hand. In 5 years I will be graduated so I should be much better by then!

I also hope to have all those tricks and gadgets that go along with having a fancy blog full of bells and whistles figured out..so seriously if anyone has any tips on how to do any of that PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I hope you all enjoyed getting to Jade better through these questions. As I said before, I had so much fun working with Jade and I'm looking forward to many more collabs with her in the future!

xxx

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Rainbow, I was so lucky to interview Jade! She is such a nice person and blogger and she definitely has great advice! If you are somebody else when you are a blogger, it's not as fun, you don't get to make true friends.
    Thank you again Rainbow!
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine