cookieOptions = {...};

Monday 1 February 2016

How I Created My Happy Jar

Hey guys! I have already mentioned that I absolutely love Elise from I Can't Think Help's idea of a Happy Jar, I know that there are days when I seem to only see the flaws in myself, so I think this idea is perfect to pull out on those hard days. A Happy Jar can be a lot of things, for example Elise's Happy Jar is for writing things she loves about her body and I also thought that you could create one for a friend about their personality. My Happy Jar is going to be filled with compliments that people have given me, specifically on my blog and YouTube channel, I find that things other people have said about me help me out a lot when I'm having a hard time so this idea works for me. If you are going to create your own Happy Jar, think about what helps you the most when you're down. I'm going to be showing you how I made my Happy Jar but I would love to hear any ideas that you have to add some extra sparkle!

I used an aioli jar, some Scotch Washi Tape and of course some glitter!


Then I basically just did strips of each colour of the washi tape around the jar.



Then it was time for the glitter! I put in a bit of each colour in the jar. Next I put my hand over the top of the jar and mixed the glitter around so that it would go up the sides.

This was the best photo that I could get, sorry about that!
My jar is (kinda) done! Now I need to write down compliments people have given me and stick them in the jar, I think I'm going to spend some time doing that tomorrow. I will probably be making some more Happy Jars so I will update you when I do. I hope this post has inspired you to do something like this, I can already tell that this jar is going to be very handy! Thanks for reading and I will see you all very soon!
xxx

Catherine

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, have a wonderful day!
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  2. Aw your jar is so pretty! It so colourful and ahh love it :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elise! And thanks for the idea!
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely. For the glitter, I could see when pick out a message, some glittery mesgs will come out, lolls. That'd be so much fun. Great idea, and you're channel is amazing. So glad you did start. It's so fun and inspiring, like your blog also. Take care, and enjoy your creation :). It's super good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I look forward to the glittery messages, I think it will make me feel that much better. Aww thanks, that means a lot to me and so do your comments, they bring me so much joy!
      Thanks again,
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
    2. That's great to hear,,and there's no worries at all. What you do is truly awesome. Take care again :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, your comments always make me smile.
      Have a magical day!
      <3 Catherine

      Delete
  4. Awww, thanks so much Rainbow! I actually got the idea of filling the jar with compliments people have given me from your "Room Tour" video, I saw a Gala Darling list on your drawer, thanks for the idea lol! I'm so happy to be spreading joy!
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will, thank you!
    <3 Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. May be guilty of stalking your blog! This idea is amazing though, I have seen versions where e]you write down things that have happened that make you happy and then at the end of the year you can read them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I stalk new blogs all the time! Thanks so much, I think that's a great idea, there's nothing like appreciating what has happened to you.
      <3 Catherine

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine