cookieOptions = {...};

Friday 26 August 2016

The Way I See It... Steptember

Hey guys! This week has been pretty eventful, somebody in my extended family has been diagnosed with cancer and somebody else in my extended family might have a chronic illness to do with the brain (they can still think and communicate as clearly and abstractly as before thankfully). To make matters worse I ran into somebody two days ago and feel on the floor while playing multi-sports and I got winded. The next morning I couldn't move my neck and I went to the chiropractor twice in one day. Turns out I had a mild concussion and an extremely tight neck. I'm going to today and if things aren't a lot better, I'll be getting x-rays. I'm feeling a lot better today though. Sorry for my little ramble, I'll be getting on to the post now, haha. Today I'm going to be talking about Steptember.

A few days ago, I found out about something called Steptember, I heard the cause behind it and I was very interested. Steptember, as you may have guessed is about taking steps in September for charity. From the !st to the 28th of September, I will be taking 10,000 steps a day and raising money for people living with Cerebral Palsy. Cerebral Palsy is basically a brain injury occurring at or before birth that affects a person's ability use their muscles and body, sometimes the person will have seizures and other disabilities. The funds of Steptember can give people living with Cerebral Palsy their first steps, a physiotherapy session or even a modified bike to make playing with their friends possible. Your fundraising can also pay for research into how we can cure Cerebral Palsy! I highly recommend finding out more about Steptember on their website.

I'm going to be doing Steptember because I want to be healthier and raise money for people with Cerebral Palsy, I'm going to be doing a lot of fundraising for the event. So far I have talked to my principal about selling home-made awareness ribbons (green for Cerebral Palsy) and he loves the idea, I have some friends helping me sell those, I still need to come up with advertising around my school but I'll be making those ribbons tonight. I might go to a Saturday Market and sell some baking and ribbons. I think I might do a raffle for lollies (sweets/candy) and chocolate depending on the sales of the ribbons and baking. I will also be asking my family and friends to sponsor me.

If you would like to get involved with Steptember, go to their website, you could directly donate there or do Steptember yourself. Feel very welcome to donate to me through my online fundraising page! Any of the above will help greatly, but obviously, it's not a necessity to give money to the cause, I just think it will make you feel really great to know that you are helping someone in need. Steptember starts in 5 days and 6 hours, I am ready for this!

I hope you have enjoyed finding out a little bit more about Steptember and good luck in whatever you want to do to help those living with Cerebral Palsy. I will update you regularly on my Steptember journey! How are you going to get involved in Steptember? Do you know somebody living with Cerebral Palsy? Tell me in the comments. I hope you have a wonderful day! Byeeeeee!

xxx

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about what your family has been going through, my thoughts are with you. September sounds like an absolutely wonderful charity, I had never heard of it before so thanks for sharing it. I'm wishing you the best of luck with taking part :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about what your family is going through currently, I really hope everything is as well as it can be right now <3 and that your neck is alright <3 I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts <3
    I didn't read the title correctly (I just read it as September, not Steptember) and I did get a little confused, but none the less is sound like an amazing charity and an amazing this to do- I have never heard of this or anything like it before so I'll definitely be spreading the word!
    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine