cookieOptions = {...};

Friday 8 July 2016

The Way I See It... Photography

Hey guys! The other I was thinking about photography and what it means to me and I thought it would make a really cool addition to this series. Photography is definitely something I'm passionate and that's something I want to share with you. This post may get a bit poetic (aka I will ramble) but I feel like I'm in wonderland when I take photos so I suppose it's a reflection of how I feel.

Photography, according to the dictionary is "the art or practice of taking and processing photos". I suppose that capture what it is but to me, it is the thoughts that run through my head and the feeling I get when I'm taking photos.

Nature is probably my favourite thing to photograph. It is beautiful, whether or not we care. A flower blooms whether we are watching or not. The sun shines whether we are there to love it or not. I believe we can learn a lot from nature which is one of the reasons I love capturing that. When I take a beautiful photo, it hits me that every little part of nature is beautiful. It's hard sometimes to think about the little things that make up a beautiful, huge something that influences us so much but photography opens my eyes to that and I am so grateful.

Another thing that I love about photography is that I feel so free when I'm doing it. Being out there in the world, alone is something that I find so magical. I feel like my problems dissolve in the soft breeze and it's just me, the camera and the beauty. Something washes over me and tells me that I am safe, a feeling I don't get all that often.

I have been asked by Marianne over at Don't Burst My Bubble (she is lovely, definitely check her out) to do a post on photography tips, I have been trying really hard to squeeze something worthwhile out of my brain but it's proving difficult. Hang in there I promise I'm trying! Until I post that post, here is a tip, don't take it too seriously! Just go out there and enjoy yourself, the love will show up in your photos.

Thank you all for reading this post and until next Friday (at 5:00 pm New Zealand Standard Time)... The way I see it... photography is beautiful and magical. Goodbye (drops mic).

xxx

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Rainbow! I truly hold photography close to my heart and it's such a great way to remember the world.
    Thank you for your comment!
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine