cookieOptions = {...};

Friday 11 September 2015

3 Hours in A&E

3 Hours in A&E. Fun.

I'm sorry the #YOLO episode was two days late, I have a few reasons for that. The first is that on Tuesday I completely forgot about publishing the episode, I played guitar for three hours instead. The second is what happened at gymnastics on Wednesday, this is going to be a long post . . .

Me in a wheelchair, waiting in A&E
I was jumping across to the tumbling track. One foot got onto it and the other got straight onto the corner. I was in shock so I maganged to walk over to the mat and then I realized I was in pain and I collaspsed on the  mat. I was crying really, really loud and all my gym friends were around me and then one of them told my teenage coach Hannah to come and she swore and ran over. Hannah yelled out for Jo (the main coach) and she came and touched my foot which really hurt, she asked me if I could wriggle my toes and I tried as hard as Icould but I couldn't. After awhile I could slightly move my little toes but I couldn't move my big toe and the bone leading up to my big toe was hurting a lot. The underside of my foot was really swollen. Jo said that she won't call my Mum because the lesson was going to be over in 10 minutes but of course my Mum got there in 20 minutes! Grace was coming too so she had to wait. One of the male coaches lifted me up (which really hurt) and carried me out to the car. I couldn't move my leg and I had my leg spread out along the back seat. As we were driving Grace home I was talking non-stop because it was distracting me from the pain then my Mum told me that sometimes it help to swear and she said that I should so I said the f word, my Mum was shocked because she had never heard me say that and she was expecting me to say a more mild word. I did feel good so I kept going (with more mild words) and then after awhile she told me to stop because it was strange to hear her little girl swearing. We dropped Grace off and me and Mum went back home, we asked my step-dad if I should go to hospital and I we did (only me and Mum). We got there at about 7 (at night) and I got a wheelchair and I had my foot up on the chair as you can see above. I was waiting until about 9:30, then I got an X-Ray of my foot and waited for the doctor to come. When she did she said it wasn't broken or anything but there will be a big bruise. I know that it's good that I got it checked out because it could have been broken and it's not good to mess around with growing bones but seriously, three hours of waiting to be told that you will have a big bruise, I could of told you that by looking at it the next day!

On another note, #YOLO is going through a rebrand because #YOLO isn't really suiting anymore, I'm also going add some things in the posts. I will be talking about this in my next post so get excited! Only two or three people know what the new name is.

xxx

Catherine

4 comments:

  1. Is it getting better? I totally understand how swearing helps it, but in my house, we're not allowed to swear so I just whispered it when my tail bone hurt. (at home)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is getting better thanks Melissa. Swearing did help and I'm glad it helped you!

      Delete
    2. Yeah it is getting better thanks Melissa. Swearing did help and I'm glad it helped you!

      Delete
  2. I am thanks Rainbow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
<3 Catherine